The 12-month advanced endoscopy fellowship program has been designed to educate future academic leaders in the field of interventional endoscopy. The focus is on both procedural excellence and scholarship.
The flexible nature of the program allows for the trainee to achieve procedural competence in EUS or ERCP or both depending on their interests and background. Attendance at the divisional educational conferences is mandatory as are periodic presentations along with the fellows in the general Gastroenterology fellowship.
Fellows are expected to present the results of their research at the national meetings and pursue publication in peer reviewed journals. In order to achieve these goals, fellows are encouraged to take time off for academic pursuits during the course of the year, to prepare protocols for the Institutional Review Board or submission of manuscripts.
The advanced endoscopy fellow has the appointment of Instructor in Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine. Fellows have to be eligible for a license to practice Medicine in the State of Missouri.
In this role, fellows independently staff a general endoscopy suite typically once weekly and participate in the education of junior fellows in gastroenterology. They also share general call with the rest of the faculty, typically about three weeks annually. While the program does not involve on call responsibilities beyond that already outlined, there is an expectation that this free time will be used productively for academic pursuits and manifest in scholarly works over the course of the fellowship year.
Applications are accepted through the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) fellowship matching program.
If you have any questions, please email Kaylha Mcgee at email@example.com.
- Eileen Janec, MD: New York University, New York, NY
- Kevin J. Peifer, MD: University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Rockford, IL
- John T Maple, II, DO: University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Raj Keswani, MD: Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Esmat Sadeddin, MD: University of Missouri-Kansas City, MO
- Gregory Cote, MD: Division Chief, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Tarek Ammar, MD: University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- Sachin Wani, MD: University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Neil Gupta, MD: Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Vladimir Kushnir, MD: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Jeffrey Easler, MD: Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
- Srinivas Gaddam, MD: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Larissa Fujii-Lau, MD: The Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Gabriel Lang, MD: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Zachary Smith, DO: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Natalie Cosgrove, MD: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Jason Bill, MD: University of Illinois-Peoria, Peoria, IL
- Stephen Hasak, MD: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY